Wise Hippo Sussex
Learn how to have a Calm, Relaxed, Positive Birth
with Joanna, an experienced practising Midwife, Clinical Hypnotherapist, Hypnobirthing Practitioner, Antenatal Educator and 3 step rewind practitioner.
The Wise Hippo Sussex Hypnobirthing Programme is not only about teaching women and birth partners how to have a positive pregnancy and birth experience. It’s about creating strong, confident mothers and partners who inherently trust themselves and, by using their natural instincts, make decisions that are right for themselves and their families.
The Wise Hippo Sussex
The Wise Hippo Sussex will help you and your birthing partner to alleviate any anxieties and fears you may have. You’ll feel prepared, empowered and supported to have a positive pregnancy and birth, and feel calm and relaxed.
The Wise Hippo Sussex is a four week programme with a free breastfeeding class.
Places fill up fast so please book early to avoid disappointment.
Joanna is an experienced practising Midwife, Clinical Hypnotherapist, Hypnobirthing Practitioner, Antenatal Educator and 3 step rewind practitioner with a passion for empowering and supporting families. Joanna founded the Wise Hippo Sussex in 2015 and is a proud mother of twin boys, Hamish and Noah.
The Wise Hippo Sussex Hypnobirthing courses take place in light and comfortable Bramble Hall, Balcombe.
The cost of the Wise Hippo Sussex package is £250 and includes:
- 12 – 14 hours of teaching and ongoing support in small groups
- Homemade cakes and refreshments are provided
- Access to 10 MP3s for you to enjoy
- Access to the Wise Hippo library which contains over 100 videos, birth videos and other valuable resources
- The Wise Hippo handbook
- Ongoing support from Joanna, a clinical Hypnotherapist and a practising midwife, throughout your pregnancy and beyond
- A supportive Facebook group
- A free, additional breastfeeding workshop. Breastfeeding is a learned skill for both you and your baby; it requires confidence, practice and patience. My workshop will provide you with the skills, knowledge and preparation you and your family
- The Wise Hippo Sussex social gatherings, for you to connect with other families
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or would like support. I can help and look forward to hearing from you.
RGN, RM BSc (1st Class Honours) D.A. Hyp- Diploma of Advanced Hypnotherapy and Birth Awareness 3 step Rewind Practitioner.
Firstly, let me offer my congratulations on your pregnancy. This is an exciting time for you and I feel confident my experience and passion can make this journey a truly positive one.
Some women may feel anxious about their birth, my experience as a midwife,a clinical hypnotherapist will help alleviate any anxieties. I strongly believe every woman has the right to a positive pregnancy and birth experience and that both they and their partner should feel empowered throughout this wonderful journey into motherhood.
Since qualifying as a midwife in 2000, I have supported many women in their pregnancies and births to have positive experiences. Clinical research has shown that hypnosis during childbirth decreases the need for pain relief, reduces medical intervention and increases spontaneous vaginal birth (Smith et al 2006).