Wise Hippo Sussex
Learn how to have a Calm, Relaxed, Positive Birth
with Joanna, an experienced practising Midwife, Clinical Hypnotherapist, Hypnobirthing Practitioner, Antenatal Educator and 3 step rewind practitioner.
The Wise Hippo Sussex Hypnobirthing Programme is not only about teaching women and birth partners how to have a positive pregnancy and birth experience. It’s about creating strong, confident mothers and partners who inherently trust themselves and, by using their natural instincts, make decisions that are right for themselves and their families.
The Wise Hippo Sussex
The Wise Hippo Sussex will help you and your birthing partner to alleviate any anxieties and fears you may have. You’ll feel prepared, empowered and supported to have a positive pregnancy and birth, and feel calm and relaxed.
The Wise Hippo Sussex is a four week programme with a free breastfeeding class.
Places fill up fast so please book early to avoid disappointment.
Joanna is an experienced practising Midwife, Clinical Hypnotherapist, Hypnobirthing Practitioner, Antenatal Educator and 3 step rewind practitioner with a passion for empowering and supporting families. Joanna founded the Wise Hippo Sussex in 2015 and is a proud mother of twin boys, Hamish and Noah.
I am currently running The Wise Hippo Sussex Hypnobirthing courses remotely in accordance with Covid-19 precautionary measures and the programme is working brilliantly via Zoom. The course content and materials are the same and the sessions continue to run over four weeks. These are undoubtedly unprecedented and challenging times both emotionally and financially, especially for first-time parents. As a gift to you during the pandemic, I am happy to offer the course at a 25% discount and give a free three-hour breastfeeding workshop to all my Wise Hippo Sussex families.
These uncertain times can increase fear and apprehension so it’s even more important that families are given tools and techniques to help them feel calm and relaxed.
The reduced cost of the program is £187.50 and includes:
- 12 hours of remote, interactive teaching for small groups in the comfort of their own homes
- Access to 10 MP3s you can enjoy whenever suits you
- Access to the Wise Hippo library which contains over 90 videos, birth videos and other resources
- The Wise Hippo handbook
- Ongoing support from Joanna, a clinical Hypnotherapist and a practising midwife, throughout your pregnancy
- A supportive Facebook group
- A free, additional three-hour breastfeeding workshop. Breastfeeding is a learned skill for both you and your baby; it requires confidence, practice and patience. My workshop will provide you with the skills, knowledge and preparation you and your family need to boost your self-belief for when the baby arrives
- Unfortunately, I can’t make virtual cakes! However, when it’s safe to do so I’ll be delighted to invite you all to regular Wise Hippo Sussex gatherings where I’ll be doing plenty of baking for you to sample
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or would like support. I can help and look forward to hearing from you.
RGN, RM BSc (1st Class Honours) D.A. Hyp- Diploma of Advanced Hypnotherapy and Birth Awareness 3 step Rewind Practitioner.
Firstly, let me offer my congratulations on your pregnancy. This is an exciting time for you and I feel confident my experience and passion can make this journey a truly positive one.
Some women may feel anxious about their birth, my experience as a midwife,a clinical hypnotherapist will help alleviate any anxieties. I strongly believe every woman has the right to a positive pregnancy and birth experience and that both they and their partner should feel empowered throughout this wonderful journey into motherhood.
Since qualifying as a midwife in 2000, I have supported many women in their pregnancies and births to have positive experiences. Clinical research has shown that hypnosis during childbirth decreases the need for pain relief, reduces medical intervention and increases spontaneous vaginal birth (Smith et al 2006).